Saturday, November 29, 2008

So Much to be Thankful For

I love Thanksgiving. For the first 25 years of my life, and for a long time before that, my family celebrated Thanksgiving in Evanston, Wyoming with my Buckley side of the family. It was always something I looked forward to, and I was sad that that tradition had to go a couple of years ago. However, this Thanksgiving was truly wonderful. We gathered at Merrill and Cindy's home and spent an amazing day together. I missed Carolyn and Amy and their families, but it was nice to communicate with both of them on that day. Everyone was their contribution in making the meal wonderful. We enjoyed being together with just the right mix of food, family and fun. My favorite part of the day was this; Merrill and Cindy had something very special to give all of us. The blessing was said, and Merrill played the Josh Groban, So Much to be Thankful For, song. I was touched so deeply as it gave me the opportunity to look back over the past year at the innumerable blessings that are mine. I want my family, friends, and all of my loved ones to know that I am Thankful For them.


Click to play Thanksgiving 2008
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

4 comments:

Toni Wilkins said...

Apparently Merrill made quite an impression on all of us with that song! It just felt like such a relaxed, enjoyable day. I loved everything about it...clear up til we left at 10:00!!!
I LOVE your smile box presentation!!! The scrapbook feel is totally awesome! Is is hard to do??? I'm thinkin' I'd better check it out.

Campbell Clan said...

That is a beautiful slide show. I am so thankful that we were able to hook up again and keep in touch!

Elizabeth said...

Toni, with your mad blogging skills, you could do it in your sleep ;)

Carolyn said...

That's BEAUTIFUL!! Thank you!!! I miss you all~
These are good "Hallmark moments"