Wednesday, July 30, 2008

24th of July Weekend

We just had a great weekend in Idaho with Matt and Julie's family.

Thursday we had a great day relaxing together, riding 4-wheelers, shooting clay pigeons, enjoying some delicious home-made cream cheese won tons and playing a fun game of Scategories.

Friday we took a trip to a hot spring and then went and played in the river.
On the way home we took a little "short-cut." The road was rather dusty and I was following my brother Matt way too closley, so... I slid us off the road. By some miraculous intervention the car stopped before rolling down the hill. It was a very scary few moments, but it brought about a great learning experience for me and some wonderful spiritual experiences for all of us involved. I was so grateful for my family that was involved and the way everyone pulled together. The friday night fun was just beginning at this point. Merrill's Expedition got stuck in 4 wheel drive. (Not good for somone scheduled to be in a triathlon in 12 hours.) Then there were some pulmbing "issues" that got discovered when we got back to Matt and Julie's. Oh wow... quite a day.

Saturday we got up early and headed to Burley, ID to watch Merrill compete in the Spudman triathlon. There was such a great energy there as he ran in to finish the race.

As you can see we had a GREAT weekend together.

"This was the best vacation EVER! I LOVE THIS FAMILY" --Dash The Incredibles

5 comments:

Lori said...

I am glad that you are all okay! It sounds like you had a fun weekend!

Cindy said...

Liz, Liz, Liz, I had no idea you had a blog! How fun is that! I really deserve to have copies of my cute husband running that race! We definitely have some memories of Idaho to last a lifetime don't we!

Josh and Juli said...

Whoa, thanks for telling me about the whole car incident! That looks like it was pretty scary, and I'm so glad you're all okay. And I'm glad you managed to enjoy the rest of the vacation!

Josh & Kate said...

Hey Liz! After reading your last entry I'm glad to hear that your okay! That would be so scary!
I have to tell you that you have quite a cute little family too!!

shelbers said...

o my goodness!!!! that was totally like the best experience i've ever had!!!! not even joking..... anyways i am way glad i was a part of it!!!!